IPsignature on a Prepaid SIM using an Iridium handset
It is possible to run IPsignature on a Prepaid SIM using an Iridium handset. Below outlines the procedure on how to setup a model cinluding the dial up steps:
Note: you will need to ensure the PC has installed USB driver for the Iridium interface.
Please follow the below instructions to create a dial up connection using your Iridium phone - once created verify that you can create a data session
- In your PC, close all applications.
- Choose Start > Control Panel.
- Double click on Phone and Modem Options.
- Select the Modems tab and click Add.
- Check Don't detect my modem; I will select it from a list. Then, click Next >.
- From the Manufacturer list, highlight Standard Modem Types 7. In the right pane click Standard 19200bps Modem, and then click Next>.
- Click the Selected ports button. Click on an available COM Port (e.g., COM1). This is the port to which you will connect your Iridium device. Click Next >.
- Click Finish. Close all windows except Control Panel.
- From Control Panel Double Click Phone and Modem Options 11. Click Modems tab, then Properties, then Change Settings, then the Advanced tab.
- Add Initialization String: AT+CBST=71,0,1 and click OK.
- Modem addition and setup complete. Close the "Phone and Modem Options" window
For Dial UP:
- Choose Start > Control Panel Double Click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Set Up a Connection or Network (upper left).
- Choose Set Up a Dial Up Connection. Click Next>.
- In the Dial Up Phone Number field, type: 008816000025 5. Leave User Name and Password fields blank, In the Connection Name field create an appropriate name for the connection (e.g. Iridium Data).
- Click Connect then Skip and choose Set Up The Connection Anyway. Click Close.
- Return to the Network and Sharing Center and choose Manage Network Connections (upper left) to initiate call dialing
Once you have verified that you have a data session open IPsignature and change the connection options to Automatic, now try email transfer go. If successful then go back to your dial up connection and choose disconnect.