Gen1 How to send/receive a SMS
Here the correct process to set up your Thuraya phone in order to send and receive SMS :
- Go to the menu : Messaging (5) / New (5-1)
- Write your message
- Select Options and then Send
- Enter your wished number (do not forget the international country code) and press Send
Note1: For your information, you can send SMS for free to other Thuraya numbers by visiting the Thuraya SMS website. and click on “Send an SMS for free”.
Note2: The following operators block their subscribers to receive SMS from Thuraya:
- in France (Orange, SFR and Bouygues Telecom)
- in Tunisia (Tunisie Telecom)
- in Austria (MobileCom)
- in Spain (Telefónica).
On the other side, Thuraya does not block any incoming SMS from any GSM subscriber whose network has a commercial roaming agreement with Thuraya, such as MobileCom, Telefónica, Orange, SFR and Tunisie Telecom.